OpenAI has acknowledged the need for regulation of AI and welcomed the idea, but argues that waiting for rules is impossible. OpenAI will release GPT-5 by the time the government enacts a policy, and tech’s influence on Congress will not help.
Dolly 2.0 is an open-source LLM that any person or company can use to generate text responses, but it is not as robust as GPT-3.5 and tends to slip up more often.
Open-source work is imperative to improving AI models, but they also open us all up to more cases of misuse. OpenAI has launched a new bug bounty program.
AI News Updates
- Docalysis, an AI-powered tool that can answer questions from any document in seconds without reading every word yourself
- People are using ChatGPT to work multiple jobs
- China drafts new rules for AI to reflect CCP’s ideals
- AI-powered apps boost user spending by massive amounts
- AI agents can help replace work done for scientific research
- Gallons of water are used in trying to train AI models
- AI-created images are getting so good that AI struggles to catch them