Not A Bot Newsletter Summary
Not A Bot is a newsletter about AI that shares the latest news, tools, and resources from the AI space. In this edition, the following items were featured:
Top AI News
- Google’s Bard Bot Nearly Barred by Concerned Employees, Report Reveals
- China Cracks Down on AI: Security Reviews Required for Services like ChatGPT
AI Fundraising News
- BX Technologies Raises £1.5M
- Infogrid raises $90M
Byte size: AI article summaries
- Meet your next Superstar Marketing hire: AI
- GPT-4 Is a Reasoning Engine
- A better ChatGPT app: Poe wants to build the universal AI messaging client
The first news item discusses how two Google employees attempted to put the brakes on the launch of the company’s AI chatbot, Bard, due to concerns about the potential for Bard to generate inaccurate and dangerous statements. The second news item reports that the Cyberspace Administration in China has released draft guidelines for AI services, requiring companies to ensure their AI is accurate, respects the intellectual property, and doesn’t pose any security risks.
The fundraising news items report on BX Technologies and Infogrid, two AI-powered companies that have recently raised funds. The Byte size section includes summaries of three AI-related articles. Finally, the newsletter ends with a tweet of the day.